- To schedule an appointment please contact the operator (Frank Natale) as far in advance as possible but at least 24 hours prior to use.
- For Flow Cytometer analysis experiments, give at least a 4 hour notice of cancellation or anticipated appointment time change (i.e,. the experimental prep work is taking longer than you thought) to avoid being charged from the original scheduled time.
- For sorting experiments, a 24 hour cancellation notice is required to avoid being charged.
- For first-time facility users, it is advisable to make an appointment with the operator to discuss your proposed experiment to be sure the laboratory has the capability of acquiring the information you wish.
- For all other inquires, please contact Dr. Kay Bidle.
Requirements for Flow Cytometery and Sorting Use
- For sorting experiments, it is highly recommened to bring media to sort into. It is best not to sort into an empty tube.
- All experiments using the Influx Flow Cytometer for analysis and/or sorting require samples be place in BD Falcon polypropylene round bottom tubes-12 x 75 mm style. These can be purchased from Fisher Scientific. The BD number is 352063. We can provide you with tubes directly prior to your scheduled appointment. To arrange pick up of tubes or if polypropylene tubes are a problem for your cells of interest, please contact Frank Natale for assistance.