- Coastal and estuarine physical processes.
- Modeling of coastal ocean dynamics.
- Real-time data assimilation for ocean forecasting.
- Small scale turbulence measurements in the field and laboratory
- Lagrangian measurements and processes.
I earned a degree in Physics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1992, after which I spent 5 years as a quality control chemist in the electronics gas industry. In the Fall of 1999, I returned to school at the College of Marine Studies at the University of Delaware. In the Spring of 2001, I was awarded an M.S. in Physical Ocean Science and engineering and was brought on at Rutgers University as a technician.