All Notes (12)
CDOM channel appears to have stopped working during this mission.
Recovered by Dave Aragon, Mike Smith, Ameila Snow, and Emily Pirl out of Longport, NJ by Tow Boat US Shamrock 41footer.
Had to shut science down at 16% battery left.
SBD only transfers on.
Turned back on final line. Currents were resisting us getting offshore.
30% battery left, so far so good.
Switched to battpos flying, see yo10.ma.cur for current settings for adjustment.
Glider aborted for low relative charge after opening new log file and before post surfacing GPS. Not sure why.
Neutered 100_tn.mi ability to check the battery.
Had trouble transferring new yo10.ma file, so deleted and created a new one. This fixed it. Lost the battery position so we are back to flying by AP. Moved glider on to next waypoint.
I believe thats it.
Turned alt_reduced_usage_mode off
Only applicable (helpful) in < 20 meters of water.
Checked the energy budget again and we are on par to finish the line and have enough battery for recovery. As of now we can maintain sampling at the current rate.
Tweaked the pitch again in the yo file to get us flying a little faster. Climbs were at 18 degrees and dives were at 23 degrees. Will check after next segment to see if changes worked.
Reviewed RU22\'s energy budget and it was decided we needed to cut down on sampling.
Switched to downcasts only for all science sensors. Sent new tbdlist at 3pm surfacing. Running hour long test mission if all goes well will switch to four missions.
Been fighting strong currents and progress is slow thus far.
Also manually started tweaking pitch by setting battery position. Currently climbs are about 27 degrees while dives are 24 degrees.
Will continue to monitor.
Deployed with 7.3 beta
By Chris Jakubiak aboard Lucky Lady out of SMAST Fairhaven.
Troublesome deployment with overloaded glider, TBD logging and xfer enabled to fix.
LIION Batteries onboard.
Entire glider sent to Webb on 4/30/10 to be retrofitted with rechargeable lithium batteries.