Glider Project Deployed Recovered Days Distance Start/
End Voltage
Air Time POC Notes Payload KMZs Data Metadata
bios_anna-449 BIOS 2015-03-08
18:00 GMT
2015-06-03
20:38 GMT
87.11 1560.0
km
11.03 Volts
10.82 Volts
3642
minutes
Aragon 30 9136 kmzs

deployment Notes (30)  

Select Category: Deployment Glider All

Posted/
Updated
Category
2017-02-02 15:19 GMT
dkaragon
deployment CTDP 9136
FLBBCD 3409
OXY4 4831 SN 279
(2/2/2017)
2015-11-05 21:51 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Not sure if there is a note on this. Pump on CTD had been failing and possibly completely failed on this mission. Heard through grapevine that a resistor had failed.
2015-06-04 20:47 GMT
dkaragon
2015-06-04 20:50 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Glider had 3 digifin aborts during the course of the mission, the most recent a few hours before recovery. Should investigate.

Recovered by RV Atlantic Explorer
2015-06-03 18:13 GMT
rcurry
deployment Changed to single yos and 200 m dives in prep for AE recovery later today.
2015-05-30 21:16 GMT
rcurry
deployment Turned northward toward Hydrostation S and pickup at the end of the week
2015-05-19 16:42 GMT
dkaragon
deployment -190/+260 speed the glider back up a day or so ago - RC

turned off low power mode 5/19 11 est surfacing to see if glider does any better vs the 25+cm/s
2015-05-15 21:01 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Changed SBDlist to add x_low_power_status, still need to generate cache file, will do so shortly.
2015-05-13 14:26 GMT
dkaragon
2015-05-13 14:27 GMT
deployment -140 / 210 cc

u_low_power_cycle_time 30
u_alt_min_depth 1000
2015-05-13 11:17 GMT
rcurry
deployment Set waypts to orbit around BATS site.
Changed to double yos and 12m target depth on climbs
2015-05-13 02:13 GMT
dkaragon
deployment -140 / 200 cc no altimeter
2015-05-12 19:16 GMT
dkaragon
deployment -180 / + 200 cc to 900 m
2015-05-12 15:02 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Anna cleaned, mostly goosenecks. Nothing on the CTD inlet or outlet

Redeployed

Set fin deadband to .04
2015-05-12 13:04 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Snagged by the Stommel with Tim, Bruce, and Dylan.

First reports of goosenecks.
2015-05-12 02:32 GMT
dkaragon
2015-05-12 02:34 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Inshore for recovery, 550 m dives starting 00 EST
2015-05-05 10:50 GMT
rcurry
deployment Pump throw set to full range to increase speed against currents.
2015-05-03 13:38 GMT
rcurry
deployment Speed has slowed to 10cm/s against strong currents but also fouling. Set waypts to bring vehicle back for cleaning.
2015-04-28 20:34 GMT
dkaragon
deployment TBD has been changed a few times to diagnose possible CTD fouling problem.
2015-04-28 20:34 GMT
dkaragon
deployment 2015_114_0_20 has science oddities (6) and data dropout
2015-04-21 13:37 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Changed TBDlist to 60 sec from 30 sec (5 m to 10 m resolution)
2015-04-20 13:55 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Slight slowdown noticed in vertical velocities at the start of April, as of today about 90% original speed. (fouling)
2015-03-30 18:14 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Quick look at battery capacity remaining (may update SD/day rate later if I get UMAINE's lithium death).

15+ C deployment --> 31 AH / cell * 26 = 800 AH
Pack about a year old, 3% --> 776 AH
5% for lithium end of life --> 737 AH
.425 AH / day (SD/day rate) * ~ 90 days ---> 700 AH total capacity
2015-03-26 23:53 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Fin abort:
:OOD:digifin_mgr_ctrl:OUT OF DEADBAND: M_FIN:-0.4333 C_FIN:0.4300
:OOD:digifin_mgr_ctrl:OUT OF DEADBAND: M_FIN:-0.4333 C_FIN:0.4300
1550803 23 DRIVER_WARNING:digifin:-1:digifin_v2_ctrl() Digifin movement warning.
Digifin busy too long!!!

Attempted to be put back in service 5 times automatically, went back in service the first time I tried manually.

Lowered fin limits:
get x_fin_max
= 0.310000 rad

Deadband still .04

Was stuck at -.4 as soon as the dive process started, wasn't long into the dive before aborted.
2015-03-18 21:04 GMT
dkaragon
2015-03-18 21:07 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Doubled fin deadband to .04. It was back to .02 so I guess the previous didn't hold. I changed it at both locations x_fin and f_fin
2015-03-18 21:03 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Dockserver filled up its / mount, about 50/50 GB. The culprit was the /var/dockserver/log/zModem.log

I moved this file to /home/localuser/DATA/DS_Logs

Will do damage control on what data didn't get saved. Happened sometime this morning, possibly last night.
2015-03-12 21:04 GMT
dkaragon
deployment u_reqd_depth_at_surface 4 m (too many GPS hits during diving --> increased SBD size)

x_fin_deadband .04, doubled deadband of fin a) to save power but b) because there is fin slop that may cause overuse

Added b_arg: gps_postfix_wait_time(sec) 12 to surfac10 (nothing commanded). This might be too short, but investigation lead to believe that the glider gets extra GPS hits at surface but doesn't do anything with them. It does however use the dive GPS to calculate surface drift, whereas I think its supposed to do it due to postfix. It was possibly creating 60 sec of unnecessary GPS/surface time.

Shortened SBD again. Big culprit of SBD size is m_present_time @ 8 bytes. 50% of data file is the timestamp.
2015-03-12 02:39 GMT
dkaragon
deployment Shortened SBDlist for smaller file size.
2015-03-09 22:47 GMT
dkaragon
deployment 03/09/2014: changed to double yos (900 m)
8 hour no comms
RC
2014-10-31 13:45 GMT
dkaragon
2014-10-31 13:45 GMT
dkaragon
configuration 10/10/2014 : checked FLBBCD 3409 calibration coeffs: noticed BB_SF was wrong @ 1.623, changed to 1.68E-6
2014-10-31 13:44 GMT
dkaragon
configuration CTDP 9136
FLBBCD 3409
OXY4 4831 SN 279
2014-10-31 12:21 GMT
dkaragon
configuration Performed pitch tests on Anna 10/29/2014:
Anna Husky Level 1
-19.8 -20.1
-33.5 -33.9
-9.2 -9.5
10.1 9.8
16.4 16.1
24.5 24.2