I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied...
From "Sea Fever," by John Masefield
Answer the call to help IMCS remain a world-class research,
education, and public service institution, and the focal point for New
Jersey's initiatives in estuarine, coastal, and oceanic development
Your support will help us meet the on-going and future needs of IMCS
and the marine and coastal environment.
What Interests You?
Get Involved - Ways You
Making a Gift
Meet the Board
Ride the IMCS Wave
- 1 out of every 6 jobs in the US today is marine related
- Over 50% of the US population lives within 50 miles of the coast
- By 2025, nearly 75% of the US population will live in coastal
- Oceans control the weather
- More than 95% of the nation's commerce depends on ocean shipping
- Oceans provide a critical source of food for much of the world
- In New Jersey, more than $100 billion in annual state revenue is directly
related to goods and services from the coastal ocean environment